Saturday, June 27, 2009

I ♥ BXL!

Well, our program officially ended yesterday (which was an amazingly beautiful day for that matter), and I am here in Brussels alone. Everyone else has either gone back to the U.S. or is off to some other destination in Europe. Meanwhile, I will be here for a couple of days before heading to Hungary, France and Spain, and I wanted to make one last blog post about my experience here. In short, it was amazing!


I have had the time of my life in Brussels. Seven weeks is not such a long time, but I feel like I have been here for much longer. I have learned so much about Belgium and the European Union. I was able to travel throughout much of Belgium, which is truly a beautiful country with pleasant surprises at every turn. Last but not least, I have had an amazing time with friends I had known before (who I now feel much closer to) and new friends I have gotten to know along the way. We have had such a great experience in Brussels together. I will truly miss being here with them, but then again, we are all going back to D.C., and it will be so nice to see everyone there. As for new friends I have met in Brussels, I will definitely be back to visit them!


I am so fortunate and grateful to have been able to participate in this internship program. This has been one of the greatest summers of my life. I have completely fallen in love with Belgium, and I can’t wait to come back! I would also love to work in Brussels at some point in my life because of my growing interest in the EU.


Thank you for a tremendous program!!! I will never forget it!


No comments:

Post a Comment