Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Brussels: The Internship Experience

So, along with all of the traveling we are doing around Europe. All the participants are at an internship somewhere in Brussels. Unfortunately, as a result of the European Parliament elections, there wasn't much in the way of actual EU internships, but the majority of us were able to find something we were interested in. 

I am currently working for a consulting firm called Landmark Europe. You can check out the website here- it is undergoing a bit of work, but you're still able to get a pretty good idea of what we're doing. In my position, I'm focusing a lot on how decisions in the EU parliament, commission, and council (now that I know the difference between the three!) affect various aspects of our clients business. I am also charged with looking through some of the latest news reports on all kinds of things from Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs), climate change, pet foods, and nanotechnology. One of our biggest clients, which I probably shouldn't mention here, is a huge producer of candy as well as dog food, so there are multiple things that can affect the business they do. 

Either way, I'm learning skills that I never would have otherwise, all while living in Europe. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment